Monday, November 09, 2009

-- Carry On --

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For easy access I'll post again two of the pertinent links for Mike's latest video:

Mike's Nov. 5 vid: http://www.fishcrow.com/flight5nov09.mp4

Dave's GIF series of vid: http://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=227512&d=1257733025

Mike has posted 3 of his videos (links) over at the "Frontiers of Identification" website. I suspect a lot of folks over there are quite exasperated at spending time on fuzzy purported IBWO videos, but I'll be interested in any response that does result (so far the only guess made is that the 3 vids show a Red-headed Woodpecker, a Kingfisher, and an Anhinga).

I too spent further time with the video today and hold to my belief that no Ivory-billed Woodpecker appears here (and there are several reasons, having nothing to do with the video images themselves, why I believe that).
Further, at this point in time, I don't believe there are Ivory-bills in the Pearl, the Big Thicket, the Choctawhatchee, or the Congaree... just my current opinion (always subject to change).

Carry on....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: