Thursday, November 24, 2005

-- Gotta Spare $2000 ? --

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for my many readers with more expendable income than you know what the hey to do with :

A few posts back I commented that 'capitalism thrives'; maybe I should've said capitalism runs amok --
in 2002, during the official Pearl River search I was surprised to see original copies of James Tanner's monograph on the Ivory-billed Woodpecker going for over $500 on the internet. On another quick check of eBay today I just noticed that someone now has a copy up for bid and is asking $2000 for a quick sale! (the Dover reprint is $12.95) -- for that price I would expect it to have, at a minimum, James Tanner's autograph and some fresh Ivory-bill droppings...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: