Sunday, June 11, 2023

-- Chill --

 --------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, had a few bits of interest I was planning to link to, but honestly I'm so peeved by the huge increase in false IDs, dubious reports, misinformation, poor speculation, wild ideas etc. generated online by so much IBWO publicity (all of which tends to shine a further poor light on the credibility of the ‘believer’ community in general) that I think I’ll stop adding to the muddle that is already out there, by restricting myself, for the moment, to truly new (and non-confidential) information or clear photos/video that arise (as well as any decision by the USFWS).

There's enough other news in the U.S. these days to keep busy with(!) without adding to the never-ending churning of Ivory-bill material that still fails to conclusively document the species! Feel free to continue to send along your pics and stories, but recognize that the likelihood of a very positive response from here is not great.


AND.... at some point this summer (without much warning) I may finally upgrade the blog to a new theme/platform (as Google asked me to do 15 years ago!), which could cause a major loss of material, primarily from left-hand column -- so if any of those links are important to you, you may want to copy them ahead of time, as I might not make the effort to restore links and configurations lost in any transition.

 --------------------------------------------------------


No comments: