Monday, July 17, 2006

-- The Rodney Dangerfield of Blogging, perhaps --

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some miscellany today:

From the "Hey-I-Take-Umbrage-At-THAT" Dept.: it has been brought to my attention by more than one person that sometimes when they type "cyberthrush" into a search engine, it inquires of them "Did you mean 'cybertrash?' -- sheeeesh... I don't get no respect 8 - ((

And on a totally different note, from the "Why-Why-Why" Dept.: the most frequent question I'm probably asked is, "Why are you soo-oooo fascinated with this one individual bird?" I can only answer that question with a question myself (and a majority of the readers here no doubt already understand this): "Why am I fascinated with this dramatic, charismatic denizen and largest woodpecker of the North American woodland, this handsome 'Lord God Bird,' this elusive, primeval-like, 'Ghost Bird' of storied history, singular 'Holy Grail' and ongoing mystery of American birding, not to mention tragic, haunting symbol of past human failure and short-sightedness; why?... HOW could one NOT BE!!???"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: