Thursday, January 11, 2007

-- Texas Update --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had my green tea now, and feeling a tad mellower ; - )

A reader sends in this link to an update on the Texas search:

http://www.gcbo.org/html/ivorybillchronicles5.pdf


As stated previously I'm not as hopeful about either TX. or S.C. (for IBWO presence) as some people are, but it's definitely good to know that such potential areas are getting a serious look-see as part of the overall search plan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the Congaree was a good place, and there have been some "encounters" there last year according to a USWS Spokeswomen. You've probably seen that article?

Peter

cyberthrush said...

yes, Congaree and Santee both have some excellent habitat, as does Texas, and I hope I'm wrong about the probabilities; like the Arkansas find, a find in either of these two states, would have great implications for overall population of the species.