Thursday, January 18, 2018

-- Nice Stoddard Tribute --


Herb Stoddard's claims for Ivory-bills in Georgia in the 1950's are among the last ones that some people take seriously. ICYMI, hat tip to Mark Michaels for pointing out a new account of Stoddard in an ejournal freely available here (the Stoddard piece beginning on pg. 38):



It all kind of reminded me of a post I did almost 6 years ago that I'll re-link to for entertainment:



[...on a sidenote, some folks have emailed me asking about the Ivory-bill Researchers' Forum being down -- I don't know anymore than you do, except this has happened before, and it's usually a temporary glitch, so just keep checking back on it.]


2 comments:

concolor1 said...

The researcher's forum worked fine for me tonight (jan 20), so the shutdown was clearly temporary.

And I have a "second agenda" with this reply; it looks to me like I'll be able to make one of my really infrequent posts (no IBWO's in the Rocky Mountain, honest) just to verify that whatever glitch was "locking me out" has disappeared.

My thanks to all who share on this subject, of course.

cyberthrush said...

Actually, I was able to bring up the Forum very briefly yesterday, but not today, including now, so not sure what the issue is... this seems to be an odder or longer glitch than what they've had in the past. If Don or David or someone can fill us in on what the problem is (or how long it might last) feel free to.