Thursday, January 06, 2011

-- Bit of Housekeeping --

--------------------------------------------------------------------

First I should probably link to the latest "I and the Bird" birding blog-carnival, since this edition links to my interview with Stephen Lyn Bales:

http://www.birdingisfun.com/2011/01/i-and-bird-141.html
(it is filled, like all editions, with a variety of good birding-related links)

And well-timed, for my recent interview with Mr. Bales, I just noticed there is a 1st edition of James Tanner's "The Ivory-billed Woodpecker" monograph currently up for sale at eBay, for any of you IBWO-book-antiquarians (who have some bucks to spare!):

http://tinyurl.com/275e7tv

For those few who were affected by the recent blog-glitches here related to the Internet Explorer browser, thanks for your patience with the matter (I didn't receive a single "Hey dorkhead, your %$!@*&! blog is all screwed up!!?" email at any point. ;-))
I've put in a fix for now to have text show up in IE, but there are still other issues that I may re-try addressing one day. ...And let me just say that there is no amount of evil that could befall Microsoft and Internet Explorer that would suffice from my standpoint for their sloppiness! --- I'll reiterate that Firefox, Chrome, and Opera seem to be the favored browser choices these days, and there's Safari for the Mac --- IE is just a sloppy, slow-loading, insecure, unstable, poor-quality browser (other than that of course it's fine-and-dandy) that people put up with 'cuz it came with their machine, but almost never deliberately choose anymore --- But enough soapbox!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: