Monday, May 18, 2009

-- Clarification --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From some emails I've received maybe certain recent posts sounded too pessimistic, as some folks seem to think I'm throwing in the towel. Soooooo, let me be perfectly clear... given the totality of evidence, though
disappointed by several matters, I continue to personally believe that IBWOs persist, and that Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi are the most likely locales for them (but would be pleased to have South Carolina folks convince me otherwise), and am still awaiting for certain loose ends from this season to be wrapped up, though not expecting anything noteworthy from lingering matters. I no longer know quite what to think about Arkansas, but Illinois/Tennessee continue to hold some interest as well. Another year could alter my view considerably... or, it could alter the view of others.
Meanwhile, a skeptical "pcoin" makes some predictions over at BirdForum.net HERE. He may prove right... or, not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Cotinis said...

Funny. There I was, commenting on your astute observations in BirdForum, and you have commented on my comments. I guess that is, itself, a commentary on the state of Ivory-billed Woodpecker affairs!

All the self-referential news that's (un)fit to print!