Sunday, April 26, 2009

-- Just Curious --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seen an Ivory-billed???????????

I'd like to get an idea of how many readers of this blog believe they themselves have SEEN a living Ivory-billed Woodpecker in the wild at some point.

The basic info I'd like is 1) how many sightings you've had, 2) what state(s), and 3) what year(s). I want to hear ONLY about actual SIGHTINGS, NOT auditory encounters. Also, rate the level of certainty that you observed an IBWO, along these lines (only need to rate your best sighting, if you've had multiple):

"3" -- VERY certain
"2" -- somewhat certain
"1" -- lean toward an IBWO, but can't rule out some other possibilities

You can describe any encounter(s) as much as you wish, but it isn't necessary; I'm really just looking for a numerical total of individuals and geographic distribution, although I might respond back to some reports if I want more clarification.
If the results are interesting enough I'll tally them for a post (no specific details or names given out, just numbers and states), but the sample size is likely to be too small to be of great interest.

Please email me at:

cyberthrush@gmail.com

Thanks. . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: