Saturday, April 22, 2006

-- M. Collins Returns Home --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Collins has ended his stint in the Pearl River region of Louisiana. His last post (4/20) runs as follows:
"After an 1100 mile drive, I made it back home to Virginia. I'm pleased to report that my wife still recognized me, even though I never took the time to get a haircut during nearly three months in the field. I will now get to work seriously analyzing the data. I thought about this during the drive home. The white trailing edge of the right wing and the left dorsal stripe are clear and unambiguous in the video. Various counter arguments have been put forth, but they don't hold water as I will show. Thanks to all for your support."
http://www.fishcrow.com/winter06.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The white trailing edge of the right wing and the left dorsal stripe are clear and unambiguous in the video.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that explains his whole flurry of sightings. Certainly those field marks are NOT clear and unambiguous. If they were, most people would be convinced. That's hardly the case.

All his sighting were brief and incomplete. I believe the reason he can see IBWOs and those field marks is that is exactly what he wants to see.

"All of the people who have seen it fleetingly are true believers and magical things happen to true believers." Dr. Richard Prum, Yale University.

Anonymous said...

Different views of the video, are different. A lot depends on your hardware and software. Inconclusive? Of course.
Just as the bird is getting ready to perch again, the white triangle reappears in the video. The wing size and shape versus the torso are measureable. At the very least, because I'm not 100% certain the IBWO is extinct, the
video deserves further study, scrutiny, as does the area in general. Now sitting in our soft armchairs and declaring: "Balderdash, fiddlesticks I say, the bird is extinct, couldn't be possible, harrumph, harrumph." That's fine.
But when that carries over to:
"We must not look at his website, we must never examine any evidence if it isn't incontrovertible.".
To those people I say... I think I've heard that argument before at least a few times!

Paul Sutera